Monday, September 26, 2011

Mama's Pimento Cheese

I'll be honest. 

I don't really call anyone "Mama".  Not even my own mom.  She's just "Mom". 
But, this is my Mom's Pimento Cheese recipe.  "Mama" just sounded better. 
I get asked for this recipe all the time.  When people realize how amazingly simple it is, they can't believe it.
You'll never buy the pre-made stuff in the tub again.
Here's what you need:
-2 packages of 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese (NOT pre-shredded and it has to be sharp cheddar)
-3 packets of Splenda
-1 jar of diced pimentos (one of the larger jars)
-1/3 to 1/2 cup of light mayo
-pepper

Directions:
1.  Grate the blocks of cheddar (you'll get your arm workout in!)
2.  Drain the pimentos and add them to the cheese. 
3.  Add the mayo, Splenda, and lots of pepper.
4.  Use a fork and mix.
5.  Serve with crackers, on bread, or with sliced red bell peppers.


No comments:

Post a Comment