Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Magic Mop

I found a magic mop.  Like I rubbed a genie lamp and wished for a super-mop, and POOF!  There it was!

Well, it was something like that.

But, I HATE mopping.  I would rather dust, clean toilets, and fold clothes instead of mop. 

Until now.

My husband always makes fun of me when I tell him I want things like a mop for my birthday.

Or good moisturizer.

Or a vacuum.

Or concert tickets. (well, actually, he loves when I get those for a gift!)

This summer, I said I really wanted a steam mop.  Best gift ever. 
My mom got it for me.  She understands my love for house gadgets. 


I got a Haan Slim and Light Steam Mop.  There are lots of brands out there, but I picked this one because in under 8 seconds, you can completely sanitize your floor.  WITH JUST WATER!

It's amazing.  No more scrubbing and getting on my hands and knees trying to get stubborn dirt off the tile.

It glides. 

Just glide it across the stubborn spot a few times and it disappears.
Like I said, a magic mop.

Okay, back to sewing.
I made a "Schoolhouse Tunic!"

It took a two-day sewing class at CityCraft, but I did it!  (and it fits!)
The picture above isn't great, but I cannot believe I made something I can actually wear after learning to sew only 2 months ago. 

No clue if I can make another on my own, but eventually we'll give it a go.

Until then....

Jury Duty calls tomorrow.  Early to bed, early to serve my country!


3 comments:

  1. Only you could make a blog entry about a mop interesting and cute.

    Coop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the tunic. TOOOOO cute! I can't wait until you can sew a labcoat!!!!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE A STEAM MOP ALSO!!!! I have only had it a month or so. I love it on my tile in the bathrooms, but the problem on my wood floors in the kitchen is it streaks. I hope it stops that soon!!! ADORABLE dress! I am so very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete