Thursday, September 8, 2011

Corn Peppadew Salsa

Peppadew. 
A little sweet.
A little spicy.
A little DELICIOUS!

The restaurant Tin Star has this utterly fantastic corn and peppadew salsa on their salsa bar.  When we're there, I can eat just that and chips as my meal. 
Don't judge me.

In fact, I want a Tin Star #9 taco right now.

Sorry.  Got sidetracked.

While at Kroger last week, I noticed they had peppadew peppers on their olive bar.  They look like tiny red bell peppers.
So, tonight I bought some and tried to replicate Tin Star's salsa.

Here's how I did it.
Corn Peppadew Salsa 
Ingredients:
-appx. 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
-1/4 of a red onion, minced
-about 6 peppadew peppers, minced
-1 can of corn
-1 can of Chipotle White Corn (or Mexicorn)
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 packet of Splenda
-1 tsp. olive oil

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, let chill, and enjoy with tortilla chips.

A little sweet and a little spicy.  A lotta delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, been looking for a copykat. I have tried, but not as good as TS. If you find a copykat for their salsa, pm me.. Tenniscurtis@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete