Monday, October 10, 2011

The Pillow

It's Columbus Day.  That means, a day off work! 
So, I had no excuse not to bust out the sewing machine.
With work being super duper crazy lately, I haven't had much time for any sewing. 
About 6 weeks ago I went to a pillow-making class.
Since I only made one pillow, I needed to make its twin.

I thought I'd remember the steps and it'd be a cinch.

Well, even with the written directions in hand, it didn't quite go as smoothly as it did in class.

I was using an invisible zipper. 

Looking at the top pillow in the picture, it looks pretty invisible.

Looking at the pillow on the bottom (the one I made today), the invisible zipper is not-so-invisible.

It'll still work on the couch.  I'll just make sure to always put it zipper-side down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment