Friday, July 22, 2011

Yummy Corn Pouches

First, a pipe burst under our house, and the plumbers have now dug a 5 foot wide by 7 feet deep hole under our house. The water's been shut off (hence the paper plates below so I don't have to do dishes) so, I decided to put up another post to keep my mind off of the house falling into the hole that was once my pretty flower bed...


When I started this blog, I told my husband that I couldn't do an entire blog only about sewing and not include food somehow.  Cooking is one of my favorite things, so I have to talk about eating at some point!  He said it would "dilute" the blog.  I disagreed.  So...
The other night (while I was at my sewing class), Cooper made a friend and me dinner (I know, so sweet).  He made some yummy chicken and something I'd never had before: Corn Pouches!  He adapted the recipe from one he found on Stumble Upon and made it his own.  We've made them three nights in a row now!  Cooper's been adapting the recipe for a Mexican version, too.  

Here's the recipe:

Yummy Corn Pouches

Ingredients:
1 package egg roll wrappers
3 ears corn, husks and silk removed, cut corn off cob
3 green onions, chopped
3/4 cup parmesean
4 oz. cream cheese (half of a package)
1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil


1.  Roast the corn and green onions and a little bit of olive oil on a sheet pan lined with parchment at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.  Let cool. 
 
2.  Put parmesean, cream cheese, rosemary, salt, pepper, 1 tsp of olive oil, and corn/onion mixture into a food processor.  Pulse until combined.

3.  Cut your egg roll wrappers into half (in triangles).  We used two wrappers on top of another for each pouch, but you can use one. Using your finger, take a little water and dampen around the edges of the wrappers (so they'll stick when you fold them up).   Place two tablespoons of the mixture in the middle of your triangle (it's not the prettiest color ever, but it tastes so good, who cares?). 

4.  Get creative and fold your triangle up around the mixture.  Make sure you close the edges well so nothing will spill out!  Put the pouches on a sheet pan sprayed with cookie spray.  Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the top.

5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until they are crispy!
Yum-o (I know, a little too Rachael Ray-sounding)!  Coop did a good job on this one!

2 comments:

  1. These are so good! I'm ready to make them again later this week.

    -Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they were DELICIOUS! :)
    -Ally

    ReplyDelete