Monday, October 17, 2011

Nutella Ice Box Pie

Went to the Texas State Fair yesterday. 

Fried Kraut Balls.
Chicken Fried Bacon.
Fried Buffalo Chicken in a Flapjack.

Yup.  A little over-indulgent.
So when I made my Nutella Ice Box Pie tonight, don't worry.  It wasn't for me. 

I had my fair share yesterday.
It was going to be a peanut butter frozen pie, but Cooper asked for Nutella. 

So, we played around with a few versions, and found one we liked!


Here's what you need:
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Half of a brick (4 oz) of cream cheese, softened (I use light)
- Tub of Cool Whip (I use low fat or fat free)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Approximately 1/4 cup of Heath Toffee Bits

Here's how you do it. 
 1.  Slice one banana and place in bottom of crust.  Drizzle with honey.
2. With a hand-mixer, mix together vanilla, cream cheese, brown sugar, and Nutella in large bowl.
3.  When mixed, fold in the Cool Whip with a spoon. 

4.  Pour mixture into crust.
5.  Sprinkle the top with the Heath Bits.
6.  Freeze for at least 4 hours until firm.
Serve chilled. 

4 comments:

  1. Lauren, Your blog is so cute! This recipe looks so yummy. I "pinned it" to try it later!
    Hope all is well with you!
    Kate (Knochel) Wallace

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new favorite pie!

    -Coop

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicious!
    -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at nutella

    ReplyDelete